Pdos of graphene

Ebad

Feb 8, 2020, 8:28:32 PM2/8/20
to cp2k
hello everyone!!
I'm trying to get the pdos of graphene. After running the code, i got the output file, but no .pdos file....
it will be very helpful if i could get a solution....

I'm giving my input and output files...Thanks in advance!!!
graphene_pdos.inp
graphene_pdos.out

Patrick Gono

Feb 9, 2020, 2:21:16 AM2/9/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ebad,

You use PRINT_LEVEL MEDIUM in your GLOBAL section, but the .pdos files are by default when PRINT_LEVEL is set to DEBUG only.

You simply need to manually switch on the printing of the desired quantity:
&PRINT
    &PDOS  ON
    &END PDOS
&END PRINT

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono

Zubair Al Ebad

Feb 11, 2020, 5:13:54 AM2/11/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Patrick,
Thank you very much for your kind concern.
I've changed my input file by setting pdos ON but still not getting any .pdos file....I've used the terminal command-- mpirun -n 2 cp2k.popt -i graphene_pdos.inp -o graphene_pdos.out &

Here's my input and only output file attached....

graphene_pdos.inp
graphene_pdos.out

Zubair Al Ebad

Feb 11, 2020, 5:21:59 AM2/11/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
However, when I changed the PRINT_LEVEL to DEBUG, I got some additional output files but no .pdos files. I'm attaching my input file and the output files i got. It will be very helpful if you could find me a solution.

Thanks in advance....

Yours sincerely,
Ebad
graphene_pdos.inp
graphene_pdos.out
graphene_pdos-dump-1.pdb
graphene_pdos-dump-1.psf
graphene_pdos_localLog_p1.out
graphene_pdos-nonbonded_nl_p0-1.out
graphene_pdos-nonbonded_nl_p1-1.out

Patrick Gono

Feb 11, 2020, 7:30:43 AM2/11/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ebad,

Regarding the former of your two emails: is this the whole output file? Because the calculation did not terminate properly. That's why the printing of the .pdos files didn't happen. I have just run the same input file with the precompiled serial version of CP2K 4.1 I have on my workstation, and it finished properly, and printed the .pdos files. Take a look at the attached output and compare to yours -- they are virtually identical up until line 544 of my output, where your output suddenly stops.

Are you sure your executable is well compiled? Could you try with a different compilation, or on a different machine? Do other calculations finish successfully, is this issue just related to this one?

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono

graphene.out