Merge Cube files

Somil Gupta

Aug 28, 2019, 9:37:01 AM8/28/19
to cp2k
Hi all,

Could you please tell me if it is possible to merge .cube files for different MO's?

The actual task is to obtain the entire charge density within a given energy range.

Thank you
Somil

Matt W

Aug 28, 2019, 11:30:03 AM8/28/19
to cp2k
You can use cubecruncher utility, I think. There are other solutions (mainly python script) around to that are also recommended.

The STM keyword in the print section will allow you to calculate total charge density from the band gap up to or down to an energy range.

Matt

Somil Gupta

Aug 28, 2019, 12:38:43 PM8/28/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Matt!

Cubecruncher allows subtraction but no  no addition unfortunately. I will look up for the python scripts that you mentioned.
Also, the system I have there is no band gap.

Appreciate your help!
Somil

Message has been deleted

Somil Gupta

Aug 28, 2019, 6:47:48 PM8/28/19
to cp2k
Thanks, Travis! Multiplication by -1 works and so the idea! :)

Thanks a lot!
Somil

On Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 10:23:24 PM UTC+5:30, Travis wrote:
Hi,

Assuming cubecruncher is fine with negative numbers try,

./cubecruncher -multiply -1 -i foo1.cube -o mfoo1.cube
./cubecruncher -subtract mfoo1.cube -i foo2.cube -o sumfoo12.cube

-T