最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

mdsimula...@gmail.com

未読、
2022/08/06 15:48:482022/08/06
To: cp2k
Hello,

I am attempting to cell_opt a 2x3x2 super cell of CuO using PBE-D3.  During the optimization, the cell parameters change drastically.  For instance, one cell angle changes from ~96 deg to ~90 deg.

I am wondering if I am setting up the system wrong as I have seen some literature that uses PBE and does not have massive cell changes.

I have attached my input files.

Thanks,
Frank
CuO-Tenorite_2x3x2.xyz
input.inp

Lucas Lodeiro

未読、
2022/08/06 18:06:522022/08/06
To: cp...@googlegroups.com
I see three things. First, use higher CUTOFF. With a REL_CUTOFF of 60 and oxygen pseudo (higher gaussian exponent ~12) a CUTOFF of 720 is necessary. Second, you are usign the LBFGS optimizer with a little cell (just 96 atoms), it is better BFGS. And the third and the most important, CuO is antiferromagnetic, so you have to set the magnetization for Cu centers, no just the whole system multiplicity.
Maybe this paper is useful: https://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.87.115111

Regards - Lucas

メッセージは削除されました

mdsimula...@gmail.com

未読、
2022/08/07 12:04:562022/08/07
To: cp2k
Hi Lucas,

Thank you for the information!

I'm not too familiar with antiferromagnetic materials but it seems that I need to use broken-symmetry.  I've attempted to set it up in the attached input file.  Do things seem correct?

Thank you for your help,
Frank

input.inp
全員に返信