Print PDOS syntax in AIMD

Matt D

Apr 26, 2022, 9:16:55 AM4/26/22
to cp2k
Hi all,

I'm running AIMD and use the following syntax to print the PDOS and Hartree potentials/densities at every 500 MD steps:
&FORCE_EVAL
&DFT
&PRINT
      &PDOS  SILENT
         NLUMO 1000
         &EACH
           MD  500
         &END EACH
       &END PDOS
       &E_DENSITY_CUBE  SILENT
         STRIDE  1
         &EACH
           MD  500
         &END EACH
       &END E_DENSITY_CUBE
       &TOT_DENSITY_CUBE  SILENT
         STRIDE  1
         &EACH
           MD  500
         &END EACH
       &END TOT_DENSITY_CUBE
       &V_HARTREE_CUBE  SILENT
         STRIDE  1
         &EACH
           MD  500
         &END EACH
       &END V_HARTREE_CUBE
     &END PRINT
&END DFT
&END FORCE_EVAL

This prints the cube files correctly every 500 MD steps and generates a new file each time appended by the step number. But for the PDOS, the files are overwritten each time and I only end up with one set of PDOS files after the whole MD run.

Does anybody know how I can modify the syntax such that a new PDOS file is written each 500 steps, instead of overwriting the previous one?

Thanks,
Matt

Krack Matthias (PSI)

Apr 26, 2022, 10:36:02 AM4/26/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matt

Try to add the line below in the &PDOS section

&PDOS

COMMON_ITERATION_LEVELS 0

NLUMO 1000

&END PDOS