Including a template for higher level of theory for the QMMM for biochemical systems

Amami Haruka

Mar 4, 2021, 8:41:11 AM3/4/21
to cp2k
Hi,
I'm interested in bumping the QM/MM calculations in the QMMM for biochemical systems tutorial to a higher level of theory (e.g. BLYP-D3(BJ)/DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH) and using GEEP to do QM/MM electrostatic interactions.
I have modified the monitor.inp from the tutorial to monitor_higher.inp to reflect this but the job will quit after
Translating the system in order to center the QM fragment in the QM box.
I have verified that the same input does work at the AM1 level. I wonder if I can have some help in fixing the input file? Thanks.

Amami Haruka

Mar 4, 2021, 8:44:15 AM3/4/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
For some reason, google group doesn’t allow me to attach any attachment from the website.
monitor_higher.inp
monitor_higher.out
monitor.inp
monitor.out

longfei guo

Apr 30, 2021, 9:45:10 PM4/30/21
to cp2k
Hi
Please forgive me if I am asking very general stupid questions.
I have a question. Why did you use the keyword CENTER_TYPE PBC_AWARE_MAX_MINUS_MIN?

Longfei

Amami Haruka

May 3, 2021, 9:59:50 AM5/3/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
It is to make sure that the QM box is always centred around the centre of the QM atoms and the QM atoms will not move outside the QM box.