calculating electrostatic potential along z axis

Elham M.Goliaei

Apr 24, 2020, 5:27:20 PM4/24/20
to cp2k
Dear All,

I used the V_HARTREE_CUBE option in the PRINT section, now I have *.cube file, but I do not know how I can plot the *.cube file to generate  potential along the z axis, and what would be the unit of potential?

All the best,
Elham

Fabian Ducry

Apr 27, 2020, 2:08:42 AM4/27/20
to cp2k
Dear  Elham,

You can use the cubecruncher utility that comes with cp2k: https://www.cp2k.org/tools:cubecruncher
To extract a 1D profile along the z-axis you do: cubecruncher.x -i cubefile.cube -o /dev/null -1d_profile 3 1

Best,
Fabian

Elham M.Goliaei

Apr 27, 2020, 2:27:46 PM4/27/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fabian,

    Thanks for your reply, I have another question, what is the energy unit in the potential cube file (profile_3.dat)?

All the best,
Elham

Fabian Ducry

Apr 28, 2020, 1:53:35 AM4/28/20
to cp2k
CP2K prints in atomic units unless specified differently. That would be hartree.

Elham M.Goliaei

Apr 28, 2020, 6:19:52 AM4/28/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fabian,

   Thanks a lot.
Elham

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 10:53 PM Fabian Ducry <fabia...@gmail.com> wrote:
CP2K prints in atomic units unless specified differently. That would be hartree.

DMITRII Drugov

Jul 14, 2021, 5:42:28 AM7/14/21
to cp2k
Hi guys, what are the unit of energy in profile_3.dat from cubecrucnher? eV or a.u.?