"error: Non-zero exit code detected" during compile of some specific tools before compiling the cp2k (version 6.1 and 7.1)

Sun Peng

May 11, 2020, 7:09:50 AM5/11/20
to cp2k
Hi, everyone, cp2k developers. I recently tried to compile cp2k 6.1 or 7.1 in my new workstation using the toolchain. However, when I tried to configure some necessary or optional tools before compiling (with the help of the script install_requirements.shinstall_cp2k_toolchain.sh in tools/toolchain/) , I found some tools couldn't be installed correctly, and error like "Non-zero exit code detected"  occured, as shown in following picture. Now I found spfft, libint for cp2k 7.1 and elpa for cp2k 6.1 could't be installed smoothly.

libint.png

Is there anyone encounter similar problem? It would be appreciative if you can help me handle this problem. Thanks a lot!

Fabian Ducry

May 11, 2020, 8:44:38 AM5/11/20
to cp2k
Hi,

Line 82 of ./scripts/install_libint.sh does

    make -j $NPROCS > make.log 2>&1

which creates a logfile at

./build/libint-v2.6.0-cp2k-lmax-5/make.log

So apparently you have a problem with your compiler setup. If you check the log it might give you a hint at what is wrong. Without more information it is impossible to tell what went awry.

Best,
Fabian

Sun Peng

May 11, 2020, 11:58:28 PM5/11/20