Basis sets and potentials for Actinides

Niharendu Choudhury

Jul 26, 2022, 2:18:30 AM7/26/22
to cp2k
Are the basis sets and potentials for actinides e.g. U, Pu etc available?

It is not included in the CP2K distribution.

Can anybody help me in this matter?

Regards
N. Choudhury

Jürg Hutter

Jul 26, 2022, 4:34:35 AM7/26/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi

have a look in BASIS_MOLOPT_AcPP1 in the data directory.

regards

Juerg Hutter

Jul 27, 2022, 2:37:54 AM7/27/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Prof. Hutter for your reply.
We have CP2K 7.1.0 installed in our main frame.

Is the use of these actinide files compatible with cp2k 7.1.0 or do I need to compile
cp2k-2022.1?

Regards
Niharendu Choudhury

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cp2k" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/ZR0P278MB0759E59A07082EAE0812E9D99F949%40ZR0P278MB0759.CHEP278.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

Dr. Niharendu Choudhury
Scientific Officer
Theoretical Chemistry Section
Chemistry Group
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Mumbai- 400 085, India.
Official email: nih...@barc.gov.in

Jürg Hutter

Jul 27, 2022, 4:19:10 AM7/27/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com
There should be no problem regarding the basis sets.

JH

Niharendu Choudhury

Sep 8, 2022, 8:29:57 AM9/8/22
to cp2k
Dear experts,
Does the relativistic effect included in BASIS_MOLOPT_AcPP1 and the corresponding POTENTIALS
for simulating actinides?

Regards
Niharendu Choudhury

Niharendu Choudhury

Sep 8, 2022, 8:33:47 AM9/8/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear experts,
Is the relativistic effect included in BASIS_MOLOPT_AcPP1 and the corresponding POTENTIALS
for simulating actinides?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "cp2k" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/616e6675-7aa5-4760-a421-3dafb4bd109fn%40googlegroups.com.

Niharendu Choudhury

Oct 29, 2022, 9:17:40 AM10/29/22
to cp2k
Dear all Diwali greetings from Mumbai, India!
I am using BASIS_MOLOPT_AcPP1 for actinides along with the corresponding pseudo potential files
as suggested by Prof. Hutter. Along with these we have also applied dispersion correction using DFT D3 file.
However, some of the elements like Am and others are not included in the DFT D3 data file.
I m using CP2k 7.x version. Can anybody suggests/guides me on that.

N Choudhury

Niharendu Choudhury

Oct 29, 2022, 9:21:29 AM10/29/22
to cp2k
Dear all,
As mentioned above, I am using BASIS_MOLOPT_AcPP1
and related files for actinides.How can I apply relativistic correction
in these calculations (both Gep OPT and BOMD)?
I am using CP2k 7.0.1

Regards
N Choudhury

Krack Matthias (PSI)

Oct 29, 2022, 10:56:45 AM10/29/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi

The Grimme group has published DFT-D3 parameters only for the elements H-Pu.

Matthias

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/a93afdd6-ccf4-4560-b8c8-f93a265333a0n%40googlegroups.com.

Krack Matthias (PSI)

Oct 29, 2022, 11:45:17 AM10/29/22
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi

(scalar)-relativistic corrections are included in all GTH pseudopotentials, i.e. the pseudopotentials have been fitted based on relativistic atomic all-electron wavefunctions. Relativistic corrections can only be applied explicitly in all-electron calculations (check this input section). These corrections, however, are not applicable with the basis sets in BASIS_MOLOPT_AcPP1 and the corresponding GTH potentials in AcPP1_POTENTIALS.

HTH

Matthias

Oct 31, 2022, 12:03:17 AM10/31/22
to cp2k
Dear Prof. Matthias,
thanks for the information.

Regards
N Choudhury

Niharendu Choudhury

Oct 31, 2022, 12:06:28 AM10/31/22
to cp2k
Thanks, Matthias  again for clearing my doubts.

Regards
N Choudhury