Constraining all atoms problem

ASSIDUO Network

Mar 15, 2021, 3:44:06 AM3/15/21
to cp2k
Hi there everyone. I am just messing around with constraints and decided to look into constraining all atoms in my DFT computation as to see if I can get an energy value at exactly that specific distance and angles for the molecules.

Unfortunately, when analyzing the output .xyz file, I see the atoms did in fact move. I'm just wondering if this is because DFT computations don't allow for such a thing, if I did something wrong or if something else is at play. I have included my .xyz, .out and .inp files.

Thanks in advance,
Lenard
wateroutput.txt
H2O-pos-1.xyz
water-26.xyz
waterinput.txt

Marcella Iannuzzi

Mar 15, 2021, 4:26:12 AM3/15/21
to cp2k
Dear Lenard,

It is strange that the input you posted does work.
The section related to the constraints is wrong.

  &CONTRAINT
    &COMPONENTS_TO_FIX XYZ
      LIST 1..6
    &END