Keeping unique (labelled) name for atoms in the output file

DMITRII Drugov

May 2, 2023, 7:19:21 AM5/2/23
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear CP2K community,

Could anybody suggest how to keep the labelled name for the atoms in the output file?
For example, I have several carbon and oxygen atoms which I want to keep unique in the output file (see below). I will run long-term ab initio MD.
   &KIND B1
      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-SR-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q3
    &END KIND
    &KIND O20
      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q6
    &END KIND
    &KIND O01
      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q6
    &END KIND
    &KIND C20
      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q4
    &END KIND
    &KIND C01
      BASIS_SET DZVP-MOLOPT-GTH
      POTENTIAL GTH-PBE-q4
    &END KIND

However, in the output file, I always get only an atom type without its label.

I would greatly appreciate your advice on this.

Kind regards,
Dmitrii

fabia...@gmail.com

May 2, 2023, 8:48:41 AM5/2/23
to cp2k
Hi Dmitrii,

The print sections in &MOTION have the PRINT_ATOM_KIND keyword to write the kind (e.g. B1 in your example) instead of the element.
https://manual.cp2k.org/cp2k-2023_1-branch/CP2K_INPUT/MOTION/PRINT/TRAJECTORY.html#PRINT_ATOM_KIND

Cheers,
Fabian

DMITRII Drugov