PDOS - plotting

Hepsibahpriyadarshini C

May 29, 2020, 4:52:07 AM5/29/20
to cp2k
I am actually trying to obtain PDOS for Ag2O  Can somebody please explain
1) Is it possible to obtain the PDOS for the stoichiometric structure i.e Ag4O2 ?? Because when I started the PDOS-energy type calculations for 6 atoms the total energy that I observed was positive (which shouldn't be) whereas when I tried for 3 atoms i.e (Ag,O,Ag) and gave multiple unit cell 2x2x2 I obtained a negative value..
2) How to plot using the smeared.dat file
3) How to obtain a combined plot containing Ag and O

Regards
C. Hepsibah

Fabian Ducry

May 29, 2020, 9:27:22 AM5/29/20
to cp2k
Hi,

Yes, it is certainly possible to calculate the PDOS for any number of atoms. I guess that you have a mistake in your input geometry and/or the SCF did not converge. But without your input files that's impossible to tell.

Fabian

Hepsibahpriyadarshini C

May 29, 2020, 9:40:49 AM5/29/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have attached my input and output files for your reference. Can you kindly let me know..
The total energy is too high!!

Ag2O_pdos_1.inp
Ag2O_pdos_1.out

Fabian Ducry

May 29, 2020, 10:21:44 AM5/29/20
to cp2k
Your cell and atom coordinates do not match. Make sure to appropriately enlarge the cell when adding more atoms. I think you are putting the atoms of two unit cells into one. Therefore, the geometry is very unphysical and you get a positive energy.

If you have to turn CONNECTIVITY OFF that means that there is probably an error in your geometry.

Fabian