SCF not convergent in GEO_OPT

Jonathan Campeggio

Mar 15, 2021, 5:09:28 PM3/15/21
to cp2k
Hi,
 I am doing a geometry optimization of a Pd slab with a molecule of ethanol. I have controlled both the coordinates and the periodicity of the problem and they seem ok. ALso, a single SCF run converges. The problem is in the geometry optimization. Where I do errors? Thank you
input.inp

Nicholas Winner

Mar 15, 2021, 5:11:45 PM3/15/21
to cp2k
Please attach your output as so we can see the progression of the GEO_OPT.

Jonathan Campeggio

Mar 15, 2021, 5:33:02 PM3/15/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
First, thank you for your rapid response and kindness. In attachment there is the ongoing output.
Best regards,
Jonathan

output.out
Message has been deleted

Lucas Lodeiro

Mar 15, 2021, 7:46:48 PM3/15/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com
There is something I do not understand. You said that you can converge a scf calculation... but the geo_opt is not converging. As I can see, in your geo_opt calculation you cannot converge not even the first scf calculation. Are you using different scf setup for the last calculation?
If you can converge a scf calculation, I would use the same input for the geo_opt calculation, and read the wavefunction as the guess.

Jonathan Campeggio

Mar 16, 2021, 3:45:58 AM3/16/21
to cp2k
To be more complete I will post in attachment the convergent SCF input. I have commented the MIXING section because I have wrongly thought that it would become faster. I am trying with your suggestions, thanks

single_point.inp