Printing wfn in MD

Brandon Meza Gonzalez

Aug 10, 2019, 12:16:45 PM8/10/19
to cp2k
Dear, CP2K users,

I am calculating AIMD, and I wonder:

Is it possible to print a wfn/wfx file in each step of trajectory?
How could I do it?

Thanks for your value time

Best regards

Brandon Meza

Patrick Gono

Aug 11, 2019, 9:19:59 AM8/11/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Brandon,

the printing of the wavefunction file is controlled in the sub-section:
FORCE_EVAL / DFT / SCF / PRINT / RESTART

You want something like this:
&FORCE_EVAL
    &DFT
        &SCF
            &PRINT
                &RESTART
                    &EACH
                        MD 1
                    &END EACH
                &RESTART
            &END PRINT
        &END SCF
    &END DFT
$END FORCE_EVAL

Brandon Meza Gonzalez

Aug 12, 2019, 1:36:59 PM8/12/19
to cp2k
Dear Patrick

Thanks for your response,

I have already noticed this section, but I don't know if you can create a wafefunction file to integrate it and obtain a topological analysis, using AIMAll software, for instance.

Do you know this?

Thank you, again,

Best regards,

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 18:16, Brandon Meza Gonzalez <bran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear, CP2K users,

I am calculating AIMD, and I wonder:

Is it possible to print a wfn/wfx file in each step of trajectory?
How could I do it?

Thanks for your value time

Best regards

Brandon Meza

Patrick Gono

Aug 12, 2019, 3:15:11 PM8/12/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Brandon,

The aforementioned wave function file serves as a restart point for the solution of the KS equations. For the purpose you mention, take a look at the .cube files generated in the section:
FORCE_EVAL / DFT / PRINT / MO_CUBES

You can print the final electronic density as well (and also spin density in the case of spin polarized calculations):

Just for the sake of completness, cube files are human-readable, and represent volumetric data on a regular grid. The format is explained here: http://paulbourke.net/dataformats/cube/
There is a handy tool on the CP2K website to process cube files: https://www.cp2k.org/tools:cubecruncher

Alternatively, you can easily write your own scripts to handle them.

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cp2k/2d284e94-f623-4b77-b99d-2132030b2aae%40googlegroups.com.

Brandon Meza González

May 28, 2020, 4:00:28 PM5/28/20
to cp2k
Dear Patrick,

Thank you so much for your help,

I tried your suggestion but when MO_CUBES key is added, cp2k stops and generates a empty file text.cube.
Do you know what this is happening? and how to solve it?

Best regards