MD using semi-emperical PM6

Abdullah Bin Faheem

Aug 13, 2020, 9:44:33 AM8/13/20
to cp2k
Greetings everyone,

I intend to run semi-empirical MD using PM6  (LiTFSI in DME: 1000 molecules) where the initial structure was obtained using classical MD. However, it takes a lot of time.
Could there be something wrong with the input file I am using? I have attached the input file and output file.
Any advice would be a big help.

Thank you for your time

Best regards,
Abdullah Bin Faheem
litfsi.inp
litfsi.out

Thomas Kühne

Aug 13, 2020, 10:13:45 AM8/13/20
to 'Dorothea Golze' via cp2k
Dear Abdullah Bin Faheem,

semi-empirical electronic structure methods only helps you
during the built-up of the operator, the corresponding eigen-
value problem still needs to be solved. Since your system
consists of 34540 independent orbital functions this is
inherently a computationally huge undertaking …

Cheers,
Thomas

<litfsi.inp><litfsi.out>

Abdullah Bin Faheem