Potential type in hybrid functional calculations using LIBXC

mshakiba.k...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2020, 3:53:38 AM12/20/20
to cp2k
Hello everyone,

I want to perform hybrid functional calculations using the LIBXC in CP2K using the functionals in here. The system I want to simulate contains Pb atom. I cannot find any potential with BLYP or ALLLECTRON for that in the potential files in data folder. I can run the hybrid calculations when I set the potential to PBE but I wanted to know is it acceptable to use the PBE as the potential and also use the LIBXC and HF part in our calculations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Krack Matthias (PSI)

Dec 20, 2020, 9:45:35 AM12/20/20
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi

You may find a BLYP GTH PP q4 for Pb here or in this GTH_POTENTIALS file. The PBE and BLYP PPs can be used for runs with the hybrid functionals PBE0 and B3LYP, respectively.

Matthias

mshakiba.k...@gmail.com

Dec 21, 2020, 3:52:01 AM12/21/20
to cp2k
Dear Professor Krack, Thank you so much for your fast and useful reply.