Output file was overwritten by warnings

ma455...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2024, 8:20:02 PMMar 11
to cp2k
Hi,

I've encountered situations where errors or warnings cause the entire output file to be overwritten (as attached). I'm curious about the cause of this and how to prevent it from happening.

Regards,
Hongyang
cp2k.out.txt

Krack Matthias

Mar 12, 2024, 4:21:19 AMMar 12
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hongyang

In recent CP2K versions, you can control the appearance of such warnings with the keyword EPS_CHECK_DIAG in the &GLOBAL section.

The output is not overwritten by such warnings. These warning are just added to the normal output, but can be overwhelming if there are many.

HTH

Matthias

ma455...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2024, 5:25:38 AMMar 12
to cp2k
Hi Matthias,

I appreciate the information you provided. Could you possibly shed some light on what might be causing the file to be overwritten? Could it be related to the compilation of ELPA?

Regards,
Hongyang

Krack Matthias

Mar 12, 2024, 6:56:59 AMMar 12
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hongyang

I did not observed an overwriting of the output file with such warnings so far. Therefore, I guess it is rather a problem of your local system or environment.

Best

Matthias