Poisson solver

Monu Joy

Dec 12, 2020, 8:09:41 PM12/12/20
to Cp2k
Hi there

What is the default Poisson solver in cp2k for a GEO_OPT calculation...? I have performed a GEO_OPT using PADE approach without specifying Poisson solver and it's converged, but I would like to reoptimize the same system with PBE but I was wondering which Poisson solver would be better for my system...? The molecule is an Mn12-acetate cluster (please see the attached). I have looked into the manual but I wasn't able to find out many details...

I am in trying with WAVELET but I am getting a warning:

 *** WARNING in pw/ps_wavelet_methods.F:236 :: Density non-zero on the ***
 *** edges of the unit cell: wrong results in WAVELET solver

-Monu

Mn12Ac.zip

Lucas Lodeiro

Dec 13, 2020, 12:05:10 AM12/13/20