Doubt regarding the geometry optimization for acetonitrile

Visto 49 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Anupriya Nyayban

no leída,
4 abr 2023, 2:47:344/4/23
a cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear CP2K users,

I am a new user of CP2K. I have optimized an explicit molecule of acetonitrile and suspect the final optimized structure.
I am unable to find where the mistake is!
The input file and the file with all the steps of the geometry optimization is attached herewith.

Thank you!

--
With regards
Anupriya Nyayban

Marcella Iannuzzi

no leída,
4 abr 2023, 3:22:494/4/23
a cp2k
Dear Anupriya Nyayban,

The simulation box is far too small
Moreover, simulating a single molecule, you may want to use
PERIODIC NONE
both in
as well as in
Anyway the simulation box should be much larger.

Regards
Marcella

Anupriya Nyayban

no leída,
6 abr 2023, 1:06:246/4/23
a cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear Marcella,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried with information as you have suggested. The optimized geometry of acetonitrile is not as expected. Additionally, I could see warning in the output file ( "*** WARNING in pw/ps_wavelet_methods.F:241 :: Density non-zero on the ***
 *** edges of the unit cell: wrong results in WAVELET solver ***").
The input and geometry files are attached herewith.

Thank you!

acetonitril-pos-1.xyz
acetonitrile.inp

Marcella Iannuzzi

no leída,
6 abr 2023, 3:44:246/4/23
a cp2k

Dear Anupriya Nyayban,

The warning message tells you that the box is still too small

Regards
Marcella
Responder a todos
Responder al autor