something wrong with the section_ROOT

joey zhang

Nov 12, 2021, 3:28:11 AM11/12/21
to cp2k
Hi, all
  i am new to cp2k, please  forgive me for my questions may be a trival.
when i submit the AIMD task on the server, it died immediately. The cp2k.out presents that  "found an  unknown keyword N in section_ROOT_". I guess it might be something wrong with the pseupotential or basis-set of element N. But i did't find anything wrong.  And i also search the section_ROOT in the manual, i found no results. Have you ever met such problem?
section_ROOT.png

pseupotential.png

best wishes
joey

Krack Matthias (PSI)

Nov 12, 2021, 4:07:09 AM11/12/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joey

Please, provide the full CP2K input file. Otherwise, one can only guess what the problem is.

Matthias

joey zhang

Nov 12, 2021, 9:57:59 AM11/12/21
to cp2k
Thanks for your help, here is my input file
cp2k.inp
cp2k.inc

Fabian Ducry

Nov 12, 2021, 10:22:01 AM11/12/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi Joey,

You have special characters in your files which cp2k cannot handle:

tabs (\t) in cp2k.inc and carriage return (\r) in cp2k.inp

if you are on linux you can do the following:

sed -i.bak 's/\r//g;s/\t/ /g' cp2k.inp cp2k.inc

which will remove these characters or convert them to spaces. This should solve your issue.

Cheers,

Fabian

joey zhang

Nov 12, 2021, 7:45:00 PM11/12/21
to cp2k
Thanks for your suggestions. however, a new problem emerges:problem.png  I haver looked for information about this problem in forum. They attribute this problem to the  weird kind  in my input file, but i have checked my input file for many times, but i can't find anyting wrong. All the input file are listed above. Could you give me some help?

Fabian Ducry

Nov 15, 2021, 12:29:45 PM11/15/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I suspect that you still have some special characters in your input file(s). But you have to provide those files to check...

Cheers

joey zhang

Nov 16, 2021, 9:51:50 AM11/16/21
to cp2k
Thanks to your help. The input files have been upload in the previous answers three days before, or  could you tell me how to find these special characters?

Fabian Ducry

Nov 16, 2021, 10:08:13 AM11/16/21
to cp...@googlegroups.com

joey zhang

Nov 16, 2021, 10:10:42 AM11/16/21
to cp2k
It seems to be exactly what i need. Thanks a lot.