CP2K performance in parallel run

SS

Nov 5, 2019, 12:32:37 AM11/5/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Dear CP2K users,

I was trying to run the AIMD simulation of my system containing 271 atoms(metal complex and water molecules). I am not getting a scale-up in performance in parallel runs as I go from 8 to 16 and then to 32 processors. It's taking almost the same time to complete the same number of MD steps.

I am using the following command

mpirun -np $np cp2k.popt  inp > out

and I am running on an HPC cluster (CPU).

What could be the reason?
Expecting a reply

Thank you

Patrick Gono

Nov 5, 2019, 4:00:30 AM11/5/19
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Could you please provide us with the input file, the output files for different runs, and the job submission script? Without this information it is impossible to know what the issue could be.

Yours sincerely,
Patrick Gono

Yingchun Zhang

Nov 5, 2019, 9:19:42 AM11/5/19
to cp2k
check if you have the correct mpi, you should use the mpi which cp2k was compiled with