How to connect OHIF Viewer to Orthanc

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jun 11, 2019, 5:09:09 AM6/11/19
to cornerstone platform
Hello Everyone,

I am a beginner to this area and am trying to integrate OHIF viewer with Orthanc.

Currently am able to view/open orthanc explorer in localhost:8042 where I am able to upload DICOM images and send them to DICOM modality.

However, am not able to view them, so I would like to integrate them with OHIF viewer. I already tried with Orthanc web viewer and Osimis viewer

Can you please guide/walk us through on how to integrate OHIF Viewer and Orthanc?

Thanks
Selva

Omar Toutounji

Jun 11, 2019, 6:22:00 AM6/11/19
to cornerstone platform
Hello, is this OHIF v1 or v2?

Marc McLean

Jun 11, 2019, 7:45:16 AM6/11/19
to cornerstone platform
Hello Selva,

Here's what I did:
1. Start Orthanc by running: yarn run orthanc:up
Orthanc should start on localhost:8899

2. Go to localhost:8899 and upload a study

3. Start OHIF Viewer by running: yarn run dev:orthanc
OHIF Viewer should start on localhost:5000 and connect to Orthanc on port 8899
Your studies should appear in the study list

Marc

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jun 11, 2019, 7:53:33 AM6/11/19
to Marc McLean, cornerstone platform
Hello Everyone,

I was able to find certain docker-compose files in ohif github. So, I chose the file which is given below

I tried 2 variants of the below code.

1st variant - My docker-compose.yml file as it is shown below

2nd variant - In the below file, I just made changes to the image, ports and volumes section alone. rest all info remained the same

  1. version: '3.6'

  2. services:
  3. proxy:
  4. image: nginx:1.15-alpine #2nd variant is I replaced image name with "ohif/viewer:latest"
  5. ports:
  6. - "8899:80" #2nd variant is I replaced the port number with "3030:80"
  7. network_mode: "host"
  8. volumes: #2nd variant - No volumes section
  9. - ./config/nginx.conf:/etc/nginx/nginx.conf:ro
  10. restart: unless-stopped

  11. orthanc:
  12. image: jodogne/orthanc-plugins:1.5.6
  13. hostname: orthanc
  14. ports:
  15. - "4242:4242" # DICOM
  16. - "8042:8042" # Web
  17. network_mode: "host"
  18. volumes:
  19. - ./config/orthanc.json:/etc/orthanc/orthanc.json:ro
  20. - ./config/orthanc-db/:/var/lib/orthanc/db/
  21. restart: unless-stopped

Can you people help me as to how I can connect using the above method?

We start Orthanc container using the above info because of which I am able to see orthanc explorer in localhost:8042.
I guess I might be making mistakes in OHIF viewer service info. Can anyone please guide me on this?

Thanks
Selva

Marc McLean

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jun 11, 2019, 8:29:31 AM6/11/19
to Marc McLean, cornerstone platform
Hello Marc,

Would you mind explaining in detail? It will really be helpful ?

Thanks
Selva

Marc McLean

Jun 11, 2019, 8:50:08 AM6/11/19
to cornerstone platform
Selva,

If you start Orthanc and the viewer as I described above, Orthanc runs on locahost:8899 and the viewer runs on localhost:5000 and connects to Orthanc. I would start there and then make changes.

If you want to run Orthanc on a different  ip_address:port you need to change the ports array in docker-compose.yml from 8899:80 to xxxx:80 and then set the IP address and port in docker_nginx-orthanc.js so the viewer knows where to connect.

It seems a little confusing at first but if you experiment with it, it works really well.

Marc

On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 8:29:31 AM UTC-4, SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN wrote:
Hello Marc,

Would you mind explaining in detail? It will really be helpful ?

Thanks
Selva

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jun 11, 2019, 9:03:43 AM6/11/19
to Marc McLean, cornerstone platform
Hello Marc,

Just few questions

1) If you have a look at my docker-compose file, my orthanc explorer runs at localhost:8042 (where I upload DICOM images and send to DICOM modality). Is my docker-compose file correct?

2) If orthanc should run in 8899, how come it's running in port 8042 for me? Have I made any mistake any docker-compose file? Should my docker-compose file look like as given in this link (https://github.com/OHIF/Viewers/blob/master/docker/Nginx-Orthanc/docker-compose.yml)

3) Where is the nginx-orthanc.js file that you are referring? Can you please provide me the link of the repository?. I am looking at the github link (https://github.com/OHIF/Viewers/tree/master/docker)

4) Can you please direct me to the right directory/repository where I can find the relevant files that will help me run Orthanc and Viewer?

Thanks a ton for your patience

Thanks
Selva

Marc McLean

Jun 11, 2019, 9:55:32 AM6/11/19
to cornerstone platform
Selva,

I am using docker-compose.yml version 3.5. That's the latest on Git-Hub. The ports array specifies where Orthanc runs i.e., 8899:80 will run on port 8899.
docker_nginx-orthanc.js is in public/config

Dowload the zip file. You don't need to edit anything.
Unzip it in a folder and run yarn install from that folder
To start Orthanc run: yarn run orthanc:up Orthanc runs on locahost:8899 Leave that command prompt window open (if you're on Windows)
Open another command prompt.
To start the viewer run: yarn run dev:orthanc The viewer runs on localhost:5000 and connects to Orthanc.

Marc

On Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 9:03:43 AM UTC-4, SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN wrote:
[...]

Jun 12, 2019, 11:42:42 AM6/12/19
to Marc McLean, cornerstone platform
Hello Marc,

Apologies if my questions are elementary.

I downloaded the Zip and unzipped them in my ubuntu system and I have 0.22 version of Yarn installed in my system.

I am running the below command after getting into this folder - cd Viewers-master

"which yarn" command returned - usr/bin/yarn

When I try to run the below two commands

1) ran just 'yarn install' command - Error message

'No such file or directory: 'install''

2) when I ran 'yarn run orthanc:up - Error message

'No such file or directory: "run"

3) In docker_nginx-orthanc.js file, I only see the 8899 port for orthanc. Can you let me know in which file I can find the info about port 5000 for viewer?

Can you please let me know what is the problem here?

Marc McLean

Jun 12, 2019, 12:26:41 PM6/12/19
to cornerstone platform
Do you have node.js and npm installed? See https://docs.ohif.org/essentials/getting-started.html
The port to launch on is specified in package.json

Marc

On Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 11:42:42 AM UTC-4, SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN wrote:
Hello Marc,

Apologies if my questions are elementary.

I downloaded the Zip and unzipped them in my ubuntu system and I have 0.22 version of Yarn installed in my system.

I am running the below command after getting into this folder - cd Viewers-master

"which yarn" command returned - usr/bin/yarn

When I try to run the below two commands

1) ran just 'yarn install' command - Error message

'No such file or directory: 'install''

2) when I ran 'yarn run orthanc:up - Error message

'No such file or directory: "run"

3) In docker_nginx-orthanc.js file, I only see the 8899 port for orthanc. Can you let me know in which file I can find the info about port 5000 for viewer?

Can you please let me know what is the problem here?

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jun 13, 2019, 7:11:28 AM6/13/19
to Marc McLean, cornerstone platform
Hello Marc,

Thanks a ton for your patience in answering my queries. Much appreciated

Finally, I am able to run Orthanc and Viewer.

Thanks
Selva

Marc McLean

Jun 13, 2019, 7:22:29 AM6/13/19
to SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN, cornerstone platform
Selva,

You are welcome. I'm glad you got it working.

Marc
--
Marc McLean

Chethan Jujjavarapu

Apr 27, 2020, 11:04:48 PM4/27/20
to cornerstone platform
Hey Everyone,

I'm also having the exact same problem. I'm using the following set up (Attachment, Slide 25 and 26) and am not sure why OHIF Viewer is not pointing to my Orthanc db. I can't use yarn or any of those methods because I'm on a school server and we're restricted to only using Docker

- Chethan
Deploying an Open-Source DICOM Archive and Web Viewer with OHIF and Orthanc (Hands-on).pdf

Augmented Reporting

Jun 26, 2022, 5:45:09 PM6/26/22
to cornerstone platform