Is there a way to resize /usr

Francisco Franceschi

Oct 25, 2019, 2:02:29 PM10/25/19
to CoreOS User
Is there a way to resize /usr, we're not seeing much cleanup on our container linux /usr/partition and want to be sure we have enough space

Andrew Jeddeloh

Oct 25, 2019, 2:09:44 PM10/25/19
to Francisco Franceschi, CoreOS User
No need. /usr is read only and managed by us, the CL maintainers. We
make sure it doesn't get too full. We actually can't ship an update
that wouldn't fit.

- Andrew

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 11:02 AM Francisco Franceschi
<franc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to resize /usr, we're not seeing much cleanup on our container linux /usr/partition and want to be sure we have enough space

Jose Franceschi

Oct 30, 2019, 8:19:51 AM10/30/19
to Andrew Jeddeloh, CoreOS User
Thanks Andrew, that's what I understood based on the documentation, I tried to look more into the mechanism that is used to ensure that it doesn't get 100% full since we got one at about 92% after a couple of updates, was looking into actually resizing it, we're on a cloud environment so I was under the impression that resizing USR-A and USR-B would be straight forward, until I got to the verity part.
--
Holy dragons keepers of time
Ride brave the blue skies and spell my eyes

                        "The Wisdom of the Kings"