NON-Editable Combo Box (Harder than need be to open list)

Dennis Bareis

May 22, 2021, 8:02:48 PM5/22/21
to CopyQ
Hi,

From the doco:

Editable combo box can be created by passing array.

Current value can be provided using .defaultChoice (by default it’s the first item).

var text = dialog('.defaultChoice', '', 'Select', ['a', 'b', 'c'])

The text is editable which I don't want (or at least need), and more importantly, that also prevents clicking on that text to open the list therefore requiring me to move the mouse to the far right down chevron and clicking that.

I'm hopeful that there is a solution.

Thanks
Dennis

Lukáš Holeček

May 23, 2021, 3:31:44 AM5/23/21
to Dennis Bareis, CopyQ
Hi,

The is no solution, unless you use '.list:Select' instead to show non-editable list of items.

But it's probably good idea to have this, so I'm going to add '.combo:' prefix (similar to '.list:') that would show the non-editable combo box.

Lukas

Dennis Bareis

May 24, 2021, 6:29:22 PM5/24/21
to CopyQ