Multiple light pulse input in copasi

sanjana kb

May 31, 2022, 6:08:18 PM5/31/22
to COPASI User Forum

I started using copasi recently, and I am trying to simulate a pDawn system for light activated gene expression. As this system is light induced, I wanted to give multiple pulse cycles with each cycle 30 sec light and 60 min darkness (i.e. Gene expression induces in light and stops in dark). I was able to simulate one pulse cycle but wasn’t able to simulate multiple pulse cycles. Can someone please share their insights on this. I can also share my model if necessary.

Thank you,

With kind regards,

Sanjana.

Frank Bergmann

Jun 1, 2022, 3:02:22 AM6/1/22
to COPASI User Forum
One way to do this is with an event (or two). Given a global variable 'light' initially set to 1, i have one event resetting light to '0' (after 30 seconds) whenever light is detected to be 1. A second event triggers every 90 seconds to turn the light on:

cycle_plot.png

i hope this helps.

best
Frank

Mendes,Pedro

Jun 1, 2022, 9:01:04 AM6/1/22
to copasi-u...@googlegroups.com
Sanjana,

see also this thread that appeared previously on this list, where there
is an attached example:
https://groups.google.com/g/copasi-user-forum/c/a15TnrqdfPs

--
Pedro Mendes, PhD
Professor and Director

sanjana kb

Jun 3, 2022, 7:26:58 AM6/3/22
to COPASI User Forum
Dear Dr. Bergmann and Dr. Mendes,

Thank you so much for taking your time and sharing your insights and references. I was able to implement Multiple pulse cycles for my model.

With kind regards,
Sanjana