Making products in Melbourne.. some excellent upcoming Elevate tours, talks, meetups from Hardworx and WesternBace

tubular

Feb 2, 2020, 7:35:30 PM2/2/20
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Our friends at Hardworx and WesternBace have put on some excellent talks from BlackMagic Design, Lifx, Tekt and Outerspace design

The good news is that there are more talks, meetups and factory tours running this year

For anyone involved in hardware manufacture, I can highly recommend these.

Here's the summary of whats coming up

CCHS financial members can get free tickets, just ask

Ken Ihara

Feb 10, 2020, 5:17:05 PM2/10/20
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an online express pcb maker
like Allpcb.com that is not based in China (Malaysia or Taiwan
or??).     I need to get some PCBs made and the opening date keeps
getting pushed back.   I am hoping that everything will reopen on the
18th, but just in case...

Thank you,

Ken

Jack Philippi

Feb 10, 2020, 5:18:52 PM2/10/20
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Hi ken,

OSHpark are usually pretty good. More expensive for less volume but if its a small run it should be fine for you.

They're based in USA.

Cheers
Jack

Jonathan Oxer

Feb 10, 2020, 5:21:26 PM2/10/20
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
One of my customers just used Lion Circuits in India for some prototypes for that exact same reason. He got the boards yesterday and assembled them, and the quality seems fine. It cost significantly more than AllPCB and their ordering process seems a bit bizarre (I can't figure out how to select the soldermask colour, for example) but if you need an order to go in right away it's an option:

I currently have 3 board designs in the AllPCB queue, hoping they do come back on the 18th.

Cheers

Jon

tubular

Feb 10, 2020, 7:19:06 PM2/10/20
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Silver circuits (malaysia) have been good

PCBzone in NZ, can get boards delivered inside of 48 hours from sending off