Monash Mini Maker Faire - Sunday Dec 1st - Monash Clayton

tubular

Oct 2, 2019, 6:16:32 PM10/2/19
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Hi people, there's a new Mini Maker Faire happening at Monash on December 1st.

There is an info night on October 15th for makers interested in participating/exhibiting

Holger

Oct 2, 2019, 8:30:15 PM10/2/19
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com

Hi

Thanks for letting us know. I'm really interested in going there, just a quick question that I haven't been able to figure out from the website: What's the Mini in Mini Maker Faire stand for? Is it just a small maker faire, or is it aimed at kids?

I should be free on that day, if CCHS is doing anything there I'll be more than happy to volunteer.

Cheers

Holger

April Staines

Oct 3, 2019, 7:23:47 PM10/3/19
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
Mini Maker faire has in the past really just been a scaled down version of the full maker faire it usually means less physical space but many of the same activities as full on maker faires. Not just for kids. I have photos from the last one we where involved in somewhere.  since then they have either been things with the council or the last full maker faire in Australia was in Adeliade in 2017

I was hoping to register Girl Geek Academy and April Storm 3D as a maker but it would really depend on the size of the maker faire as I would be happy to share space or be co-located with CCHS as we have helped each other at previous maker faires its just been soo long since we last had one in victoria

I will actually be heading over to Wellington Maker Fair which is later this month if anyone else is going it would be good to meet up.

April Staines - Melbourne AU

tubular

Oct 14, 2019, 6:19:21 PM10/14/19
to Connected Community HackerSpace
Did you manage to register ok, April?  CCHS put in an application last night and requested a larger booth than the std 3x3m.  More than happy to share space / co-locate.

There's a deadline today (1pm?) when you ideally want to get the online registration in, because they select from that list which sites to feature in promotions leading up to the event.   There's also an info session tonight which I hope to get to.

Let us know what Wellington MF is like.   That last Adelaide one was surprisingly good

regards
Lachlan

April Staines

Oct 14, 2019, 6:27:43 PM10/14/19
to connected-commu...@googlegroups.com
they replied last night and yes we where accepted for a maker at the mini maker faire.  I will basically take whatever they will give us

tubular

Nov 26, 2019, 6:50:40 AM11/26/19
to Connected Community HackerSpace
*bump* just a reminder the Maker Faire at Monash Clayton is this Sunday, 10 til 4