Control Center Alerts

IcyRoad

May 5, 2021, 7:12:09 PM5/5/21
to Confluent Platform
Hello Kafkateers,

Does anyone implemented the Confluent Control Center Alerts (Triggers) on PRODUCTION Kafka Platform? Please share your experiences and any lessons learned.

Thank You.

sunil chaudhari

May 5, 2021, 10:59:17 PM5/5/21
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Yes i have setup 2 alerts in production for out of synch replicas & under-replicated partitions.

Haji imam syafei sjom msc Musa isa al-qqsa

May 6, 2021, 2:55:50 AM5/6/21
to confluent...@googlegroups.com

geethareddy kudumula

May 6, 2021, 11:53:59 PM5/6/21
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sunil.
I have tried the alerts on consumer group lag on CP-DEMO locally. But it did not send any alert on the trigger that I have defined.
Also there is some CPU/IO overhead associated with the alerts if they are too many. I hope less than 20 alerts should be fine.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Confluent Platform" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/confluent-platform/CACnvLJiS7tW8%3DS%2B4QEPvpZYnkC3-4km_-Z1oAZVO1e1XVHwUxA%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Thanks
Geeta.

sunil chaudhari

May 7, 2021, 12:15:58 AM5/7/21
to confluent...@googlegroups.com
Have you configured SMtP settings?

IcyRoad

May 7, 2021, 12:37:48 AM5/7/21
to Confluent Platform
Thank you.
In cp-demo, mostly everything is pre-defined and ready to use configs. So my understanding is SMTP is also included via some Fake SMTP setup.
They did not mentioned to have some SMTP setup to trigger the alert actions in the documentatin: https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/tutorials/cp-demo/docs/on-prem.html.
Seems I should configure Fake SMTP.