How to integrate @Extension (ScreenshotExtension) with Spring

Juan Carlos Canal

Mar 17, 2020, 1:11:16 PM3/17/20
to concordion
Hi,

I am integrating a Selenium Spring framework with concordion. I´m using ScreenshotExtension to capture errors:

@Autowired
    protected WebDriver driver;

@Extension
    public ConcordionExtension extension = new ScreenshotExtension()
    .setScreenshotTaker(new SeleniumScreenshotTaker(driver)).setScreenshotOnAssertionFailure(true)
    .setMaxWidth(400);

On the other hand, i am configuring webdriver with @Bean.

My problem is: When I launch the test @Extension is loaded before Spring Context and this causes a NullPointerException in ScreenshotTaker class.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Nigel Charman

Mar 18, 2020, 5:46:46 AM3/18/20
to conco...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Have you tried deferring setting the screenshot taker on the extension until after the driver is constructed? It's been a while since I've looked at that code, but it might work.

Nigel

Juan Carlos Canal

Mar 26, 2020, 12:05:16 AM3/26/20
to concordion
Hi Nigel:

Thanks for your support!

I´ve tried to defer setting the screenshot taker but then the screenshots are captured from my dektop instead of the browser...

Juan Carlos Canal

On 18/03/20 12:23 am, Juan Carlos Canal wrote:
Hi,

I am integrating a Selenium Spring framework with concordion. I´m using ScreenshotExtension to capture errors:

@Autowired
    protected WebDriver driver;

@Extension
    public ConcordionExtension extension = new ScreenshotExtension()
    .setScreenshotTaker(new SeleniumScreenshotTaker(driver)).setScreenshotOnAssertionFailure(true)
    .setMaxWidth(400);

On the other hand, i am configuring webdriver with @Bean.

My problem is: When I launch the test @Extension is loaded before Spring Context and this causes a NullPointerException in ScreenshotTaker class.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Nigel Charman

Mar 29, 2020, 4:09:48 AM3/29/20
to conco...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Are you able to send me a cutdown version of your project? That will help me reproduce it and try out a few things.

Nigel
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to concordion+...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/concordion/cfcaf904-8c95-4693-9471-9f0cd4025151%40googlegroups.com.