Potentially Could Help

Sam Harding

Aug 26, 2022, 8:10:52 PM8/26/22
to CommunityWalk
Hi there,

I was wondering if there was anything I can do to help to get your website back online? I saw your message and am shocked that your provider said there was nothing that could be done.

I'm a developer and a web hosting provider, so could maybe have a look at options for you?

Would be a shame to let a community like this go. Seeing all of the data requests is saddening.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sam Harding

L. Doff

Aug 27, 2022, 8:31:48 PM8/27/22
to commun...@googlegroups.com, Sam Harding
Hello, I am NOT a developer or software person. But I did pour my heart and soul into a personal, non-commercial Community Walk travel map, which I am unable to retrieve. I am 84 years old and I'm willing to do almost anything, to include learning to code, to get my maps, narratives and photos back.

Give me an assignment and I will do it.

Sam Harding

Aug 27, 2022, 8:32:11 PM8/27/22
to L. Doff, commun...@googlegroups.com
Hi Larry,

Completely understand the pain of losing something you've worked so long to build.

I'd need to work with the owners of the CommunityWalk organisation in order to see what I can do to help.

I can't promise anything, but as a hosting provider, I'm sure I can find some options.

Eldon

Aug 29, 2022, 8:53:51 AM8/29/22
to commun...@googlegroups.com
I am a developer and also host some sites for local nonprofits here in
Atlanta. I have worked with ruby/heroku/etc. before, (including
migrating off of it) and I believe I could spend some time to help with
migration/upkeep/etc.

I found out about the website after it was already shuttered, but joined
the google group in case there was any sort of attempt at a
restoration.

Happy to get on a call or something to figure this out, if that's the
best way.

Thanks,
Eldon

Alvaro Ibanez