Common Cycle Public Hours: SUSPENDED Until 2/6/2022

Ian Ogden

Jan 7, 2022, 5:47:35 PM1/7/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone.

What with things being as they are and toward doing our part to keep volunteers, CC users and the community safe, Common Cycle's weekly public hours on Sundays from 11 AM-3 PM will be suspended through the end of January.

We're tentatively aiming to resume on Sunday, 2/6/2022, and will of course keep folks updated.
--------------------

cxsE.gif
  • Support / Repair by-Appointment: If anyone finds themselves in need of repair support to keep rolling for work,  school, appointments, etc., please shoot us a note at in...@commoncycle.org and we can arrange a 1:1 appointment.

  • Advice and/or Video-Support: If you're doing some repairs at home and need advice, feel free to email us at in...@commoncycle.org; we can share info by email or set up a video-chat.

  • [Active Volunteers, Please Note] Revision to "Closed Door" Public Hours practices: In prep to re-open in early-February, we've updated our "Closed Door" Public Hours practices to include an expectation that all in-pesron volunteers have a COVID booster by 2/6 (or as soon as eligible thereafter) -
"Closed Door" Practices (Updated 1/7/2022)

(1) Masks Required: Our masking policy will be maintained as “Required, Regardless of Vaccination Status” – i.e. no mask, no entry (but we’ll provide folks with a mask if they don’t have one).

(2) Social Distancing Encouraged: Social distancing will be encouraged.

(3) Volunteers Fully Vaccinated: In-person volunteers are expected to be fully vaccinated, including having a COVID booster by 2/6/2022 (or as soon as eligible thereafter).

(4) Capacity Limit: We will continue to maintain an overall capacity limit of 12 persons total (including volunteers and visitors) at any one time.

(5) Artificial Circulation: We’ll deploy additional artificial circulation, running 1-3 MERV-filtered fans during public hours.

Take care and thanks,
Ian & the CC Team

Ian Ogden

Jan 9, 2022, 9:54:47 AM1/9/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Quick reminder: No public hours / open shop today (nor on 1/16, 1/23 nor 1/30).

Looks like it will be comparatively balmy today (if breezy); hope folks can find time to get out and ride, if you're into that sort of thing.

Thanks again,
Ian

Ian Ogden

Jan 16, 2022, 9:38:52 AM1/16/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Morning, everyone. A friendly reminder that Common Cycle's public hours (Sundays, 11 AM-3 PM) continue to be paused through the end of January.

Today (1/16) is Wheel in Motion's annual Worst Day of the Year Ride (back for the first time since 2019, I believe, ocnverted to a self-directed event for 2022). An excuse to get out and ride, if you might be looking for one.

Have an as-productive-as-you'd-like Sunday; best,
Ian

Ken Freeman

Jan 16, 2022, 3:55:30 PM1/16/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

Clearly I have not been visible in the CC scene since that one visit.  It was not personal, nor a sign of distrust, disgust, dislike, or disdain.  It has been medical!

In October I decided to get serious abou updating my glasses.  The optometrist ran all her tests and became serious about getting my cataracts treated!  This means removing them, which means removing the natural OEM lenses of my eyes, and upgrading to synthetic glass replacement lenses.  She was not sympathetic to my request for Campagnolo, Stronglight, TA or at least IRD, but we worked out getting an ophthalmologist and planning the surgery.  The first one was in December and the second final one was this past Monday.  Healing will be done finished this Monday, and then 23 more days of acclimation.   Then I’m free and we can work on managing sunglasses, possibly distance or reading specs, etc.

Mechanical work has been on hold.  Now it’s back on, I’m still getting a pair of 1970s lower cost Witcombs working for some friends in Chelsea.  I’m starting to assign major tasks to Aberdeen Bikes (their LBS) both to make my life easier and to get the LBS reinvested in them for the future.  This is important to these friends.

Anyway I am having some problems with close, fine work which needs jeweler’s screwdrivers and such. I think it’s improving, but I have to get that sorted out before I’ll be a reliable tech/supporter for CC.  But when you folks get going again, maybe I can support in some way.

Best wishes to all!

Ken Freeman

Ken Freeman
Ann Arbor, MI USA