Upgrade of Coldbox Version

swatii shukla

Dec 31, 2015, 9:01:40 AM12/31/15
to ColdBox Platform

·    Hi,

     My company is planning to upgrade coldbox version 2.6.4. Please advice which version will be suitable to upgrade so that least changes needs to be done. Does this upgrade require any license or we can download it. presently coldbox is running with coldfusion version 9.0.

         our site comes down and gives error cache.reap method not found.

      Please advice on up gradation  and what are the steps need to be taken .

      Thanks for your help!!!

br...@bradwood.com

Dec 31, 2015, 7:01:07 PM12/31/15
to col...@googlegroups.com
The latest version of ColdBox 4.1 which is the version you want to be on.  ColdFusion 9 is no longer supported by Adobe and you should be looking to upgrade your version of CF right away.  Coldbox 4.1 should run on ColdFusion 9, but it's been awhile since I've tried.

The license for all versions of ColdBox is the same-- Apache 2.0 which means you can use it for free.

You'll want to go through our compatibility guides found here:

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Jan 6, 2016, 4:51:21 AM1/6/16
to ColdBox Platform

Thanks a lot Brad for all the informations.

But i am stuck as my company is upgrading coldbox 2.6.4 to coldbox 4.0

Whatever compatyibility guides is available they are describing upgrade from version 3 to 4 .

Please if possible provide compatibilty guide to upgrade from Version 2.6.4 to Codbox 4.0

Help is much appreciated as our site is facing major setbacks and getting only one error

ColdBox.cache.reap method not fpound.

Please advice!!!!

Sana Ullah

Jan 6, 2016, 5:51:47 AM1/6/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Compatibility Guide for ColdBox 4.0.0

br...@bradwood.com

Jan 6, 2016, 10:17:55 AM1/6/16
to col...@googlegroups.com
We have compatibility guides for each major version.  You'll need to read them all and follow them one at a time.  In the future, do not wait so long to upgrade and the upgrades will be much easier :)

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Oct 12, 2021, 11:28:58 AM10/12/21
to ARCHIVE : ColdBox Platform
the links to the upgrade guides no longer work