Coldbox [5.6.x] deploying to subdirectory of webroot

Gary Gilbert

Sep 21, 2020, 6:36:59 AM9/21/20
to ColdBox Platform

Hi all,

Im stuck on a CF11 server and need to set up a coldbox app I am building in a subdirectory of the webroot..

I have a mapping set up to coldbox, but I am getting the following error

Type:
Builder.BuildCFCDependencyException
Message:
Error building: Renderer@coldbox -> Could not find the included template includes/helpers/ApplicationHelper.cfm.
Note: If you wish to use an absolute template path (for example, template="/mypath/index.cfm") with include, you must create a mapping for the path using the ColdFusion Administrator. Or, you can use per-application settings to specify mappings specific to this application by specifying a mappings struct to THIS.mappings in Application.cfc. <br> Using relative paths (for example, template="index.cfm" or template="../index.cfm") does not require the creation of any special mappings. It is therefore recommended that you use relative paths with include whenever possible..

I then changed the path to the absolute path as a test (D:\dev\samplecbapp\includes\helpers/ApplicationHelper.cfm ) in config/coldbox.cfc which then brought the following error.

Error building: Renderer@coldbox -> Error loading UDF library: D:\dev\samplecbapp\includes\helpers/ApplicationHelper.cfm
The UDF library was not found. Please make sure you verify the file location..

I inspected the file and its empty with the exception of a comment ..

is there some setting I am missing in order to make this possible?

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Luis Majano

Sep 21, 2020, 10:15:05 AM9/21/20
to ColdBox Platform
Hi Gary,

That file is the application helper which get’s injected on several layers( interceptors, handlers, layouts and views). However, if you are not using it, then just remove the setting.