Does Braintree available for Israel or Arab countries?

bedsp...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2019, 12:42:11 AM3/14/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
I used Braintree in my cn1 app but when reading a faq for it
I wondered if i can use it from Israel or Arab countries
I see here on question 3. just 8 country support for merchants

if does not support, is there any other way can use it for that?

Shai Almog

Mar 14, 2019, 11:18:56 PM3/14/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
You should probably ask them.
As far as I understand this restriction indicates the location of your merchant account not the location of you or your company. So you could open a bank account that's a US or Europe based account and use that with Braintree. This should work and should be legal as far as my limited understanding of this goes. Most countries have branches of foreign banks that allow you to do that, so you can live in one country and open an account that would technically work as an account in their country of origin.