Native Maps are really slow (android)

Rocotoco Rodriguez

Sep 23, 2016, 12:20:22 AM9/23/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi! i want to ask you if is any way to speed up the MapContainer (native) when i create it.

my problem its that take a lot of time in android to load the component on the first time. when my form its opening, i can see in the status bar the gps looking for location and it takes almost a minute when i am indoor.

please, tell me is its possible to speed up.

If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA
Desktop OS
Simulator
Device

Shai Almog

Sep 23, 2016, 2:04:49 AM9/23/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
odd. They are instant for me. Do you have other code in play that might be triggering that?

Steve Hannah

Sep 23, 2016, 11:49:50 AM9/23/16
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like google play location services may not be enabled.

The ideal situation is to have the following build hints:
android.playService.location=true
android.playService.maps=true

And omit the android.includeGPlayServices build hint altogether.

If you are using an older version of the google maps cn1lib you should update to the latest also.

Steve

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 11:04 PM, Shai Almog <shai....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
odd. They are instant for me. Do you have other code in play that might be triggering that?

Steve Hannah
Software Developer
Codename One