app needs permission to make calls

Gareth Murfin

Oct 5, 2016, 9:53:38 AM10/5/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
My app is asking for permission t make calls, I dont need that not sure how it started, see this screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlga5ompqrumsxb/IMG_1986.JPG?dl=0

Carlos Verdier

Oct 5, 2016, 10:00:04 AM10/5/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Yes, I'm getting the same in my app, don't know why.

Carlos Verdier

Oct 5, 2016, 10:04:30 AM10/5/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Ok, I found out, forget it. I'm using Display.getInstance().dial and totally forgot about that.

Shai Almog

Oct 5, 2016, 11:04:42 PM10/5/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
There was an issue with push notification triggering this which should be resolved.
If you try to get the UDID it will also trigger this prompt.

Gareth Murfin

Oct 12, 2016, 10:21:14 AM10/12/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Still is happening to me, I am not using any dial or get udid, any other thought?

Gareth Murfin

Oct 12, 2016, 10:22:14 AM10/12/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
This is on Android btw, Im assuming many people are suffering from this.

Gareth Murfin

Oct 12, 2016, 11:56:40 AM10/12/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
I am asking for the ip address, does that make the permission happen??

Shai Almog

Oct 12, 2016, 9:51:46 PM10/12/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
I don't think so.
Just connect the device with DDMS and reject the prompt. Give me the text of the second rejection dialog and look in the DDMS log after you reject that too...
You might see a stack in DDMS leading you directly to the source.

Notice that you can also turn on prompts in the simulator which might reproduce this.