capture event while phone is editing .

shop.servic...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2019, 10:16:22 AM1/17/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA NetBeans 8.2
Desktop OS Windows 10 Pro
Simulator Latest
Device PC, Android, IOS

Is it possible to capture events in TextArea or TextField while typing, specifically longPressed event
As I wish to present a Dialog of options while Component is in Edit Mode on longPressed event.

PS. I have implemented longPressed callback successfully while the TextField does not have focus.

Thanks in advance

Shai Almog

Jan 17, 2019, 10:34:09 PM1/17/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
No. These events are handled by the text input for things like copy & paste. Since we handoff control to the native text field we don't get some of these events on our side.

shop.servic...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2019, 10:23:21 AM1/18/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks.

shop.servic...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2019, 10:40:45 AM1/18/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
Additional observations are as I vertically slide the spinner I noticed the underlying parent container scrolls in the direction of my swipe.
Curious why the Picker is not fully modal.

Thanks in advance.

Shai Almog

Jan 19, 2019, 3:23:44 AM1/19/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
Are you using lightweight picker or the heavyweight picker?