CodeScanner.getInstance()

shop.servic...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2017, 10:08:43 AM7/11/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA NetBeans 8.2
Desktop OS Windows 10
Simulator 3.7
Device Samsung SCH-1545 Android V 5.0.1

I have been following the thread on this class.

I observed that upon first initialization, we are asked to install "Barcode Scanner" from ZXing Team.
Is there a way to allow the app to detech barcode VS QRcodes?

You mentioned in another thread that supporting this could slow down the system.
Is that because the CodeScanner class is doing the heavy lifting?

Else is there an alternative to this ?

Shai Almog

Jul 12, 2017, 12:49:45 AM7/12/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, shop.servic...@gmail.com
That's why the littlemonkey QR scanner was created. It embeds the scanner directly into the app like the iOS version. Unfortunately it is currently restricted to API level 21 as it wasn't updated with Android 6 permission prompts. I'm sure this is a relatively easy fix but no one got around to do it.