How do I build a theme from scratch?

kamilah....@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2016, 2:09:50 PM6/30/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
So far it seems, that my only option is to use themes already made by Codename and making some small changes to those themes. I want to create a native theme that looks very different from the themes established. How do I do this?

Shai Almog

Jul 1, 2016, 1:03:52 AM7/1/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, kamilah....@gmail.com
All of our themes are built from scratch on top of native and we built them in the same way you would. So you can look at them as references.
When you create a new theme native is one of the option and when you open up the theme you will notice almost no definitions. Any UIID you override in the native theme takes up that specific behavior and you can customize pretty much everything.

See:
https://www.codenameone.com/manual/theme-basics.html
https://www.codenameone.com/manual/advanced-theming.html
http://www.codenameone.com/how-do-i---create-a-simple-theme.html