Not using latest version message

pw...@thevisioncouncil.org

Apr 10, 2018, 5:56:27 PM4/10/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
New to Codename One.  Brand new Netbeans 8.2 install on Windows 10 with brand new JDK 8 install.  Installed plug-in from Codename One update servers.  Upon running the basic sample project from the Hello World example I get the message "It seems that you are using an old plugin version please upate to the latest plugin and invoke Codename One -> Codename One Settings -> Basic -> Update Client Libs".  Despite checking for plug-in updates (none download) and running the "Update Client Libs" function I still get the message every time I run the project.  I just want to make sure my install is stable before I start working on a project.  What's up with this update message?

Shai Almog

Apr 11, 2018, 12:28:05 AM4/11/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
That seems like a bug due to the update framework. Can you check if it's installed?
https://www.codenameone.com/blog/new-update-framework.html

pw...@thevisioncouncil.org

Apr 11, 2018, 1:45:11 PM4/11/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Sorry if I'm being dense, but I see no installation instructions at that link.  I do not have the .jar file mentioned in the .codename one folder in my home directory.  I don't see anywhere to download that .jar file, nor any instructions on how it would be installed.  I'll need some more specific instruction.  Am I supposed to download the Github project and build it myself or something?

pw...@thevisioncouncil.org

Apr 11, 2018, 3:11:59 PM4/11/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I downloaded the project from Github and compiled UpdateCodenameOne.jar.  Everything is working now.

Shai Almog

Apr 12, 2018, 1:39:52 AM4/12/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Sorry about that. I wasn't clear I just wanted to know if the jar is in the right place.

This specific workaround should have worked but you could have also downloaded the precompiled version from https://www.codenameone.com/files/updates/UpdateCodenameOne.jar

Normally the update button in Codename One Settings (not project preferences!) should automatically install this jar.