Get rid of menu bar thing at top

Gareth Murfin

Jan 9, 2018, 7:10:47 AM1/9/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Ive started my project again to use old gui editor, when I use showForm() I am getting a white bar at the top, how to get rid of it?

Gareth Murfin

Jan 9, 2018, 2:30:56 PM1/9/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
ps, I have tried    Toolbar.setGlobalToolbar(false); and the constant in gui editor with no luck.

David Wafula

Jan 9, 2018, 3:24:25 PM1/9/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
toolbar.setUIID("Container"); ?

David W

Shai Almog

Jan 10, 2018, 12:30:46 AM1/10/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I would suggest leaving global toolbar on as it seems you are using a side menu

Gareth Murfin

Jan 10, 2018, 2:19:58 AM1/10/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi Shai, in this app I dont want a side menu, it has appeared on its own somehow.

Shai Almog

Jan 11, 2018, 2:00:40 AM1/11/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Does it appear on its own in a hello world app?
I'm guessing something was done...

Gareth Murfin

Jan 16, 2018, 12:29:22 AM1/16/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I havent done anything special this is a brand new project, it appears on every form after my first call to showForm(). Not sure what it is but I do not need it.

Gareth Murfin

Jan 16, 2018, 12:38:58 AM1/16/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Is this related? and how to fix?

[EDT] 0:0:0,543 - WARNING: Theme sets the commandBehavior constant which is deprecated.  Please update the theme to NOT include this theme constant.  Using commandBehavior may cause your app to perform in unexpected ways.  In particular, using SIDE command behavior in conjunction with Toolbar.setOnTopSideMenu(true) may result in runtime exceptions.
[EDT] 0:0:0,543 - WARNING: Display.setCommandBehavior() is deprecated, Using it may result in unexpected behaviour. In particular, using COMMAND_BEHAVIOR_SIDE_NAVIGATION in conjunction with Toolbar.setOnTopSideMenu(true) may result in runtime errors.

Shai Almog

Jan 17, 2018, 12:21:21 AM1/17/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Which theme did you pick?
Go into the theme and delete the command behavior as the warning says.

Gareth Murfin

Feb 5, 2018, 4:22:16 AM2/5/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
That works thanks Shai!