Screen distorted after viewing pdf

Gareth Murfin

Oct 25, 2018, 1:21:24 PM10/25/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you lock the app to portrait, then view a pdf from the app, and during viewing the pdf make phone landscape, when you go back to the app, the screen is distorted. Is there any way around this ?

Shai Almog

Oct 26, 2018, 12:04:49 AM10/26/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Can you post screenshots?

Gareth Murfin

Oct 29, 2018, 10:00:40 AM10/29/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Yes Shai,

here is normal screen:

I go to pdf and put phone into landscape and go back to app by hitting done, note how the app is in a stretched/landscape state:

And sometimes (but not always) the app stays that way so even if I go back to the main menu its still messed up:

Its almost as if screenSizeChanged isnt called? im thinking in j2me terms here :)

On Friday, October 26, 2018 at 5:04:49 AM UTC+1, Shai Almog wrote:
Can you post screenshots?

Gareth Murfin

Shai Almog

Oct 30, 2018, 12:48:01 AM10/30/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Try unlocking the orientation before launching the PDF then locking it back after start is invoked again. See if that resolves this issue.

Gareth Murfin

Oct 30, 2018, 2:58:19 PM10/30/18
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Shai will let you know..

Love the new Android app by the way! will be great when it comes to ios too.. great for giving to clients.

(Android Freelancer - www.garethmurfin.co.uk)