iOS Install: Cannot connect to codename-one.appspot.com

Ivan

Feb 1, 2017, 4:31:08 AM2/1/17
to CodenameOne Discussions

Hi guys,

I have 4 iOS devices (iPad Mini, iPhone 7, iPhone 6 se, and iPhone 6s) and 3 are able to install my (ios debug build) app: iPad Mini, iPhone 7, iPhone 6 SE
and one not : iPhone 6S (not managed device, iOS v.10.2.1)
The error message appears right after click on green Install button (see screenshot atached).

I found that people are facing this problem but it's always related to enterprise apps, certificate issues, typos in manifest, etc. I cannot find anything what should solve my problem
I double checked the provision profile, all UDIDs are correctly added.

What should cause this problem?

thanks

Ivan

IDE: Eclipse
Desktop OS: Ubuntu 16.04
Simulator
Device ipone 6s, iOS v.10.2.1.

Shai Almog

Feb 2, 2017, 1:43:13 AM2/2/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
Do you have a different version of the app already installed on the device?

Ivan

Feb 2, 2017, 2:52:54 AM2/2/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
no, this is the first installation

Shai Almog

Feb 3, 2017, 2:18:23 AM2/3/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Are you sure about the UIID value, maybe it's device permissions or something similar to that?

This is a bit old by now but it contains some ideas about what can go wrong with installs as well: https://www.codenameone.com/blog/ios-code-signing-fail-checklist.html

Ivan

Feb 3, 2017, 2:52:31 PM2/3/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,

when the UDID is wrong, the message is different: "Unable to Download App: <app> could not be installed at this time."
this will be something else
I cannot find nothing special in permissions :(

Shai Almog

Feb 4, 2017, 1:30:20 AM2/4/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
can you think of a reason the device won't have access to the appengine servers?
If you try to open that URL in the browser does it work?
Is it possible the URL expired?
Our builds expire within 3 days.

Dave Dyer

Feb 4, 2017, 5:59:18 PM2/4/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
I'm having the same glitch for the last few days.

 Using firefox on IPAD, When you click "install" on the IOS build, you get 3 popups,
 the first and third are a complaint "cannot open page" and the middle one is the usual
"install this app (ok)" .

The install works, so this complaint doesn't stop work.

Shai Almog

Feb 5, 2017, 1:16:06 AM2/5/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Are you also on 10.2?
It might be related to changes from Apple.

Dave Dyer

Feb 5, 2017, 4:39:52 PM2/5/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Yes, and I can also confirm that it doesn't occur on an older device.  Maybe something
related to the deprication of HTTP ?

Shai Almog

Feb 6, 2017, 1:35:44 AM2/6/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks, we'll check.

Shai Almog

Feb 6, 2017, 9:23:22 AM2/6/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
I did see some usage of http instead of https. This is fixed now.

Ivan Ilavsky

Feb 7, 2017, 7:11:34 AM2/7/17
to codenameone...@googlegroups.com
works! App installed. Fixed for me, thanks!

Dňa 6.2.2017 15:23 používateľ "Shai Almog" <shai....@gmail.com> napísal:
I did see some usage of http instead of https. This is fixed now.

Dave Dyer

Feb 8, 2017, 2:22:22 AM2/8/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Not fixed for me (with a build just completed)

Shai Almog

Feb 8, 2017, 2:59:36 AM2/8/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
You don't need to compile a new build it should work for all builds as all we did was change http to https URL's.

Please click the "install on device" button in the console.
View the source and find the ITMS link. It should end with something like this:

https://codename-one.appspot.com/999999999.plist

Open that plist file and look at it, do you see any non-https URL's?

Dave Dyer

Feb 8, 2017, 12:49:52 PM2/8/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you examine the .plist file, you'll see a stray http: link in the header

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">

Shai Almog

Feb 9, 2017, 1:53:44 AM2/9/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
Interesting, I don't think it should have an impact but everything is possible. We deployed a fix for that which should be in the servers in 15 minutes or so.

Dave Dyer

Feb 21, 2017, 12:24:17 PM2/21/17
to CodenameOne Discussions

The pop-up glitch has reappeared, but there's no obvious use of http: .  This appears to affect all installations of IOS debug builds.

Shai Almog

Feb 22, 2017, 1:19:00 AM2/22/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
I've lost you here. What's the "popup glitch"?
Do you have screenshots?

Shai Almog

Feb 22, 2017, 1:19:36 AM2/22/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
FYI if you connect the device to xcode you can look at the device console. This might print useful error messages when you try to install.

Dave Dyer

Feb 22, 2017, 2:51:11 PM2/22/17
to CodenameOne Discussions

I mean this "cannot open page" popup

Shai Almog

Feb 23, 2017, 12:36:29 AM2/23/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
I would suggest using safari for this

Dave Dyer

Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM2/23/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
It's only a matter of time until safari has the same problem.  Fortunately it's not fatal.

Shai Almog

Feb 24, 2017, 1:14:42 AM2/24/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
I'm not sure why you think low level stuff like app install will work with a 3rd party browser. Apple relies on a URL syntax that isn't legal.