weired behavior in RSSReader Lists

ShengChe Hsiao

Jul 23, 2016, 11:44:28 AM7/23/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans 8.1
Desktop OS: Windows 10
Simulator : iPhone 3gs
Device: Asus PadFone S

I built an mobile app using codename one, I wrote custom RSSReader and subscribe rss channel. Actually, I put the rss title on TextArea and set GrowByContent to true.
When I first tap into the form with rssreader, the title didn't auto-grow (Fig.1)! And as I click on one item(Fig. 2) and back (Fig. 3), the TextArea works. How do I solve this problem ?

Fig.1

Fig 2.

Fig.3

Shai Almog

Jul 24, 2016, 12:10:21 AM7/24/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi,
since RSSReader derives from List is can't physically grow. We try to avoid lists today and focus more on using tools like InfiniteScrollAdapter to provide better list behavior and functionality.

I would implement my own RSS support using the RSSService instead of using the RSSReader class.

ShengChe Hsiao

Jul 24, 2016, 10:33:39 AM7/24/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks.