Style iOS textfields?

Gareth Murfin

Feb 16, 2018, 4:53:02 AM2/16/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Ive styled my textfields, they look ok on android and simulator but on ios theyre still white. Is it possible to style them? If not I will change my design so they are white across all platforms.

Shai Almog

Feb 17, 2018, 12:02:36 AM2/17/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Styling should work fine. What did you do?

Gareth Murfin

Feb 18, 2018, 6:49:11 PM2/18/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I read earlier on the forum you said something about dropping into native for ios textfields? Was this *old* ? Because I styled mine and they just came out lke ordinary ios textfields. All I did was make the uiid for textfields orange background and white text I think - this works on simulator and android but on ios they came out white textfields with white text. I honestly think I may have been pushing the textfields styling too far anyway, but I had hoped it would work. Can you confirm textfields "work" in cn1 with styling, or do they drop into native iOS styling? (ie, do not work). I don't care either way, just want to make this app look killer. Or maybe I miss a build hint? im testing on iphone6.

Shai Almog

Feb 19, 2018, 12:04:06 AM2/19/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
The native layer should be able to handle the styling but something might have failed for some style choices. Make sure your skin file is up to date and make sure you override the border style with empty if you don't want it. Do so for unselected and selected explicitly and don't rely on inheritance alone.