Turn off auto layout mode in new gui builder?

Gareth Murfin

Dec 22, 2018, 7:54:18 AM12/22/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
In the new ui builder how do you turn off auto layout mode? All the new constraint stuff confuses me a bit I want to work more like on the old gui builder. Im still struggling with new editor in many ways, like you cannot drag things around in the hierachy, I think I may even still be using the old one for new projects, new one still baffles me even making basic UIs seems very difficult and error prone.. :-( im on v5.5

Also when I try up date my libs I get an error saying warning could not open/create prefs root node etc, error code 5, is this anythin to worry about?

Gareth Murfin

Dec 22, 2018, 8:03:17 AM12/22/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
also if I try to change something in the border layout it doesnt seem to update, for example move something from south to centre, but it says in south.. not sure why I find it so hard to use, but I just pray you dont depreciate the old gui builder some day or I will be stuck unable to use cn1. Im goin to keep playing with it but its tough.

Gareth Murfin

Dec 22, 2018, 8:11:27 AM12/22/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Actually im starting to realise the whole idea is to drag and drop properly within the canvas, and that seems to work quite well so there may be hope for me yet :)

Shai Almog

Dec 22, 2018, 10:56:19 PM12/22/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
You can edit the .gui file and change auto-layout to false. I would suggest working with autolayout as it's easier/more powerful for drag and drop development.

Gareth Murfin

Jan 2, 2019, 2:43:11 AM1/2/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
thanks shai, I was having issues though I couldnt drag a layout from north to south for example as I couldnt select the specific layout.

Shai Almog

Jan 2, 2019, 10:44:29 PM1/2/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
You can place a container and set the layout there. To place something in the north/south drag it to the north/south edge and snap it there. Then drag the sides so it stretches the full width.