Moving Forward and Deploying Non Debug Versions to Apple and Google

shop.servic...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2017, 11:34:52 AM8/10/17
to CodenameOne Discussions
If you are experiencing an issue please mention the full platform your issue applies to:
IDE: NetBeans/Eclipse/IDEA NetBeans 8.2
Desktop OS Windows 10
Simulator 7.3
Device Apple & Android phablets

What do I need to do to be able to accomplish the following?
1) Deploy apps to The Web
2) Have the Mobile devices detect a newer update is available and prompt to install
3) How do I deploy to IOS Apple Store? (What are the steps?)
4) Steps to deploy to Google.

I currently have a Basic subscription
Do I need to Upgrade to Pro?

My Desktop Distributed App Stores the Server/Client Builds in a Postgres Table Blob where The Clients are notified a newer version is available, Client downloads the installer and executes the upgrade on their local machine.

What is the preferred approach to ConeNameOne Apps Deployment?

I know I have asked the same question in multiple ways, Sorry.

Regards.

Dave Dyer

Aug 10, 2017, 2:27:04 PM8/10/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, shop.servic...@gmail.com
This is probably covered in some official codename1 document, but basically
you have to set up accounts with google play and itunes, then deal separately
with their procedures.  You'll have to pay apple to join their developer program.

Shai Almog

Aug 11, 2017, 2:28:03 AM8/11/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, shop.servic...@gmail.com
For web deployment you need an enterprise account. It's covered in the JavaScript build section of the developer guide: https://www.codenameone.com/manual/appendix-javascript.html

As Dave said, each store is it's own fluctuating nightmare. You need to set up account for each of the stores and then upload the binaries to each one with their own process. You can follow the tutorials for native stores itunes, Google Play & Microsoft Store. The one exception is with iOS where instead of using xcode for upload you would use Application Loader.

Since stores manage provisioning 100% you just submit a new version and updates etc. happen. You still need to keep an eye for people who don't update but this is actually simpler than desktop in some ways.

shop.servic...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2017, 9:09:02 AM8/11/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, shop.servic...@gmail.com
If I download the Apple Debug Build from Codename one build server (A3Tech.ipa) file, can this be copied to an IOS device and installed locally?
Same question for Android.

Regards.

Dave Dyer

Aug 11, 2017, 2:18:42 PM8/11/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, shop.servic...@gmail.com
For android yes, with the caveat that you have to blink through warnings about installing unauthorized content.

For IOS, mostly no.  The debug binary has to include the device id of each device it can be installed on, which
isn't very convenient.  You can't install it locally, but it's possible to duplicate the online install codename1
provides on your own server.

Shai Almog

Aug 12, 2017, 1:21:40 AM8/12/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, shop.servic...@gmail.com
For iOS if the device UDID is registered in provisioning you can install locally by synchronizing via itunes. The QR code is more convenient though.
If you have a widespread beta you should use testflight in the pro subscription level.

shop.servic...@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2017, 9:22:40 AM8/12/17
to CodenameOne Discussions, shop.servic...@gmail.com
Thanks.

testflight in the pro subscription  may very well be the immediate solution.

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 1:21:40 AM UTC-4, Shai Almog wrote:
Message has been deleted