Which text editor properly displays the storage files created by the CodenameOne Simulator in linux?

tommy...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2019, 11:22:07 AM3/5/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
Which Linux text editor can be used to view and edit the hidden files created by the CodenameOne simulator? I have tried the default Gedit and Notepadqq but the text appears gibberish while on Windows it is editable even with the default note.exe app in a human-readable way. I am running Netbeans 10 on Ubuntu 18.10.

Shai Almog

Mar 5, 2019, 11:00:41 PM3/5/19
to CodenameOne Discussions

tommy...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2019, 9:19:32 AM3/6/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
Thanks Shai but actually, I mainly wanted to view instead of having to output in the console as a quick way to check if content, say a string, was written to persistent storage or filesystem in the simulator .cn1 folder.

I have edited, the same on Stackoverflow!

Shai Almog

Mar 6, 2019, 9:49:06 PM3/6/19
to CodenameOne Discussions
I just use cat in the console.