Hack/remember size of the desktop skin

Gareth Murfin

Feb 14, 2018, 6:12:28 AM2/14/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
Really enjoying the desktop skin, easily my favourite way to simulate :) But I want to hack the initial size, I see you mentioned about getting the jframe to do this shai, would it possible to get an example of this? Or maybe make it remember each window size change, its perfect way to test imho.

PS- I know you can do this in the built out one, but I want to do it in the skin/simulated version. Thanks again, got a great project going here for cn1, many thousands of stores will use this across UK. Already has a huge userbase in my android 'native' version, but with my cn1 port they all get iOS too :)

Shai Almog

Feb 15, 2018, 12:21:40 AM2/15/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
You can file an RFE or just look in the code for JavaSEPort.java and submit a pull request https://www.codenameone.com/blog/how-to-use-the-codename-one-sources.html

Gareth Murfin

Feb 18, 2018, 6:59:33 PM2/18/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
I filed a RFE. I hope it gets done, I guess I could easily fix it and commit it, but im worried about how difficult it is to get a commit actually working? I mean could I literally add something and it goes in? Would be cool, I would like to improve some parts of the emulator, but not if theres a 50 man commity :)

Shai Almog

Feb 19, 2018, 12:11:31 AM2/19/18
to CodenameOne Discussions
You can look at the pull request history and see how we handled those: https://github.com/codenameone/CodenameOne/pulls

We will probably have some comments if you don't stick to coding conventions but overall it's pretty easy to get things into the mainline.