new GUI Builder error creating new form

howud...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2016, 2:44:54 PM6/20/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
This was posted on StackOverflow with no working answer so I thought I'd try here:
Create a  new project: Hello World (Bare Bones)
add new: Gui Builder, form, hit finish
error: Unresolved compilation problem: '<>' operator is not allowed for source level below 1.7

java version is oracle's 1.8.0_91
eclipse.ini includes: -Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.8
build.xml has all source and target lines set to 1.8  (they were that way already)
CodenameOne build hints java.version is set to 8 (it was that way already)

CodenameOne 3.4
IDE: Eclipse Mars
Desktop OS: Ubunut 16.04
Simulator : none yet
Device: none yet

Shai Almog

Jun 21, 2016, 12:04:31 AM6/21/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, howud...@gmail.com
Can you provide a link to the stack overflow question so I have context?
Make sure Java 8 is first in your system path. This is required for Eclipse.

howud...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2016, 1:37:32 AM6/21/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, howud...@gmail.com

Shai Almog

Jun 22, 2016, 12:27:31 AM6/22/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, howud...@gmail.com
I was talking about OS system path but it seems you use Mac OS which makes a difference here.
Please check if this was resolved in the latest plugin update.

howud...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2016, 12:54:06 AM6/22/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, howud...@gmail.com
actually I use ubuntu 16.04
Message has been deleted

howud...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2016, 7:24:48 PM6/22/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, howud...@gmail.com
ok, the latest plugin fixes this problem.