ios 10 and the Camera

mcell...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 8:09:47 AM9/21/16
to CodenameOne Discussions
Hi All,

I have discovered that with ios 10, if I have used Camera.capture() at any point and then the screen locks (timeout or user actually locks the screen with the top button) the application is killed. This happens even if a photo isn't actually taken, but cancel is pressed to come back out of the camera.

I imagine it may be something to do with the new ios feature that allows the camera to be activated from the lock screen, but there's nothing I can do about it as the fix will need to be within the codename one code.

Any thoughts or anyone else discovered this?

Regards,

Paul

Shai Almog

Sep 21, 2016, 11:45:56 PM9/21/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, mcell...@gmail.com
Hi,
can you please file an issue on that. We'll try to address it.

mcell...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2016, 6:40:32 AM9/22/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, mcell...@gmail.com
Thank you. Files as #1895

Paul

mcell...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2016, 5:34:52 AM10/20/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, mcell...@gmail.com
Hi,

Just wondering if there is any update on this? I'm sure it's in the cn1 code and it seems quite important.

Thanks,

Paul

Shai Almog

Oct 20, 2016, 8:45:04 PM10/20/16
to CodenameOne Discussions, mcell...@gmail.com
Hi,
not yet. Pretty much everyone is on vacation for October so I don't have anyone working with this.
The test device I have here didn't get iOS 10 yet for some reason so I can't even reproduce this issue myself.

mcell...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2016, 3:29:32 AM10/21/16
to Shai Almog, CodenameOne Discussions

Ok thanks Shai. You're office sounds as well staffed and kitted out as mine at the moment ;)

Paul